Sunday 26 April 2009

Sun is in the sky...

...oh why oh why would I want to be anywhere else?

Welcome back to my footie blog, which I have shamefully neglected for far too long, and which I'm hoping to revive with some help from co-bloggers. Ok, it's almost the end of the season - but better late than never (in football as in life)!

Arsenal-v-Middlesbrough 26/04/2009 (KO: 1.30pm)

Anyone watching this match on the television could be forgiven for thinking that it was a gloriously sunny day in north London; and in fact the BBC sports page used the phrase "sun-bathed Emirates stadium" in their post-match report. It was sunny on the pitch, but half the ground was sitting in the shade and my gods it was cold. Seriously, my mate Pete (who sits to my left, and who I will be inviting to join this blog) bemoaned the fact that my hair wasn't slightly longer so he could use it as a shawl.

So, what happened in the game itself? Cesc had a corker, scoring both our goals, and our hobbit (er, Arshavin - he's teeny and makes Theo look tall!) had a bit of a WTF moment.

That has to be the briefest match report ever, but sadly I've remembered that I need to catch up on work e-mails before the morning so that's all for now folks!

Final score: Arsenal 2 - 0 Middlesbrough

No comments: