Wednesday 10 March 2010

Five by five...

Arsenal-v-FC Porto 09/03/2010 (K.O. 7.45pm)

A nod to Joss Whedon in the title today, and handily we won by five goals so it's all good...

We started the match like someone had lit a fire under our arse, and (thankfully!) continued in that vein for much of the game. After taking some serious flak over the weekend (a lot of it from me), Bendtner redeemed himself after ten minutes by putting one in the net, then getting a second just before the half hour mark. To the crowd: NOW you can sing 'Super Nick' - he's earned it.

Nasri slotted away a beauty in the second half, and was followed within a couple of minutes by Eboue. 4-0 and it was pretty safe to say we'd won, even with 25 minutes still to play.

Your erstwhile reporter missed the last ten minutes of the game because she'd left to return to her sick bed. After feeling as though I was going to pass out for much of the game I thought it best to retire early and make sure I got home safely. However, I was to miss a fifth and final goal as Bendtner put away a penalty during added time and managed to bag himself a hat-trick in the process. To Bendtner: now THAT is what you need to keep doing if you want to be a top striker.

Final score: Arsenal 5 - 0 FC Porto (6-2 aggregate)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Allie, I just wanted to say thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, I'm so glad you enjoy the blog too :-)

Laura said...

Just wanted to comment and say congrats on your half, thats awesome!